Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hot Java




I was lucky to be at the right place at the right time.  On my way to  the library  Jill Westerlund stopped me and Jonathan Sandlin, to see the Java lesson her class had just completed.  Students had completed  individual projects but each project had to include code from the other students in the class. The lessons not only met the objective for the individual student but helped them understand the importance of working as a team member and fostered good communication skills.  The students were eager to showcase their work and it was obvious that the students and Mrs. Westerlund trust and respect each other.  As a tech person I enjoyed the lesson but as an educator I was blown away by the level of enthusiasm Mrs.Westerlund and her students have for their subject .
                     
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment