Over the past few weeks, a few local teachers have shared with us some great, fun websites and tools. Check them out!
- · http://bit.ly/aeta2014chromeapps - Cameron McKinley shared this presentation at our AETA conference. There are some great new Google apps and extensions in this.
- · Newsela- great nonfiction website where you can level different passages (Thanks, Alicia Chairamonte)
- · Google Hangout Author Chats- coming up in October with Lemony Snicket and Lois Lowry (Thanks, Christie Kelley and Mandy Fox)
- · Go Noodle or Move It! Chrome app- I know I talk about Go Noodle a lot, but I LOVE IT! If you haven’t checked it out yet, you’re missing out!
- · http://chrome.com/campaigns/rollit- Absolutely nothing educational about this one, folks, but super fun! Virtual skeeball you can play with your teacher friends. Your cell phone operates as the controller.
- · Google Forms- Did you know Google Forms recently updated so that test items can be randomized? Jennifer Ensley found that out from a great website called Technology Rocks Seriously. Check it out! (They just posted some Halloween activities.)
- · Class Flow (3rd- 5th) - a Nearpod alternative. Will be a great tool once Chromebooks get here.