Educational Goals for Student Use
Based upon ISTE National Educational Technology Standards (http://www.iste.org/standards/nets-for-students), Hoover City Schools has outlined six educational technology goals for our students relating to the Engaged Learning Initiative:
Goal #1 - Creativity and Innovation
- Hoover City Schools students will demonstrate creative thinking, construct knowledge, and develop innovative products and processes using technology.
Goal #2 - Communication and Collaboration
- Hoover City Schools students will use digital media and environments to communicate and work collaboratively, including at a distance, to support individual learning and contribute to the learning of others.
Goal #3 - Research and Information Fluency
- Hoover City Schools students will apply digital tools to gather, evaluate, and use information.
Goal #4 - Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, and Decision Making
- Hoover City Schools students will use critical thinking skills to plan and conduct research, manage projects, solve problems, and make informed decisions using appropriate digital tools and resources.
Goal #5 - Digital Citizenship
- Hoover City Schools students will understand human, cultural, and societal issues relating to technology and practice legal and ethical behavior.
Goal #6 - Technology Operations and Concepts
- Hoover City Schools students will demonstrate a sound understanding of technology concepts, systems, and operations.