Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

Global Read Aloud

I received this email from a teacher at Greystone, Carol McLaughlin.  I love the idea of Global Read Aloud and emphasizing to our kids that we are part of a global community!  Check it out!

~Sara

From Carol:
The Global Read Aloud is coming Oct. 6th! My students have participated the last 2 years and we loved it. The premise is simple: one book to connect the world.  You read a book (or books for an author study) for a 6 week span and connect with other classes who are doing the same.  They have it all planned out and teachers share great extension activities. You can do as little or as much as you want.

If you would like to do this and have questions, please contact me. I would love to have others join me in this fun project even if we are reading different books!

If you want a fun literature-based project to start in October, I highly recommend the Global Read Aloud. 
The project has many books to choose from to fit different grade levels and teacher personalities.  

Here is the link to the project website:



There are several choices this year to fit all ages.  They have an author study for the little ones. :)

I added links to the books so you can look to see if it's appropriate for your grade level.

Book Choices 2014 for the Global Read Aloud


Author Study: Peter H. Reynolds (picture books)

The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo

The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm 

One For the Murphy's by Lyndy Mullaly Hunt (looks like 5th only)


No comments:

Post a Comment